[Urwid] Possible Urwid frontend

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Sat May 10 15:33:27 EDT 2014

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 8:34 AM, Ian Ward <ian at excess.org> wrote:
> Absolutely
>
> I started work in this direction with raw_display but never quite finished.

In particular, the way I started to implement this feature was to have
the user set alternate_buffer=False when raw_display.Screen.start()
and then when the application didn't draw on the lower portion of the
screen (left it as blank space with the default display attributes)
then that many rows of the original screen would be left intact above
where the urwid application was drawing.

I ran into trouble with the way different terminals handled
positioning the cursor after a newline. I couldn't use absolute
positioning any more because I didn't know if the screen had scrolled.
I'm interested to look at your solution.

I also wonder why I missed your first email. Was it sent to this list?