[Urwid] Columns container don't change focus, is it normal ?

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Tue Jan 28 13:12:52 EST 2014

G'day,

I have a small question with the new behaviour with Columns.contents.

I create a Columns container with just a Text Widget (so it's not selectable).
columns.focus = 0 once created.

After that, I append a selectable widget (say an EditBox):

columns.contents.append((edit_box, columns.options()))

but the focus doesn't change and the columns stay not selectable. I would
expect that when there is no selectable widget in a Columns container, if I
had one it take focus and columns become selectable.

I can do it manually something, just after append widget to columns:
if not columns.selectable() and widget.selectable():
    columns.focus_position = len(columns.contents)-1

So do I do something wrong and is the behaviour normal ?

Thanks
Goffi