[Urwid] creating a 2D console application with urwid.

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Wed Jul 10 11:53:23 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM, SHAIKH TAUSEEF HUSSAIN
<tauseef at nitc.ac.in> wrote:
> hi
> I am a new user to urwid and python and
> I am trying to build a 2D urwid application
> that takes as input a yml schema file (attached )
> and displays it on the screen as it appears
> at this webpage : http://www.technion3ds.org/apply/
>
> From the list of applications at urwid's site
> I looked at two of them : d0Xbase and jsonwidget.
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/d0xbase/
> http://blog.robla.net/2010/jsonwidget-python/
>
> What i need is the 2D functionality from d0xbase
> and the input file handling facility from jsonwidget.
> however jsonwidget has a jsonfile editor.
>
> Could you suggest me the relevant links/sources/files/literature
> I should look at if I intend to resuse the ideas from above applications
> and build the application that i want to ?
> your help will be highly appreciated.

Hello Tauseef,

I can only suggest reading the source of Urwid programs that are
similar to what you want.  There are a number of links to applications
using Urwid on the web site.

When you have more specific questions I'm happy to help with those.
The IRC channel is often good for that too.