[Urwid] mouse_event to keypress

Angel Kolev meneldor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:45:10 EST 2013

Hello group,

I have class which wraps EditBox. I want to initiate "Up" or "Down" key
presses using the mouse event buttons 4 and 5 so when i scroll the mouse
over the EditBox it should act the same way i am using the keyboard.
I tried this:

    def mouse_event(self,size,event,button,col,row,focus):
>         if int(button)==5:
>             self.__super.keypress(size,"down")
>         elif int(button)==4:
>             self.__super.keypress(size,"up")

The goal i want to achieve is to scroll over ListBox items where every line
is an EditBox. It works perfectly with up/down from the keyboard but cant
using the method above.

Thanks!