[Urwid] Strange characters

Uri Goren goren.uri at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 10:57:42 EDT 2012

Hi,
I built a simple GUI which, after the user presses "OK", runs some commands and
exits.
When I use the keyboard, everything is fine.
When I use the mouse, after my program exits, I see three characters
in my command prompt, as if I have typed them.

Here's a simple script that shows this behavior:

import time,urwid
def ok(button):
	time.sleep(1)
	raise urwid.ExitMainLoop()
urwid.MainLoop(urwid.Filler(urwid.Button("OK", on_press=ok),'top')).run()

Here's what I see on the terminal after I've run the script:

% ./test.py

%  ##!

The "##!" can be deleted, as if I've typed them myself into the shell.

Tested with Urwid 1.0.2, Python 2.7.1 on Linux.

Thanks,
Uri.