[Urwid] An urwid bug with the alternate screen

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Sat Jul 14 13:49:28 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Kevin Tran <hekevintran at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been discussing this issue on the tmux mailing list as well. It might
> be of use to you.
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=E4CC964B-F09E-4D2F-B96C-7E6D64207FEC%40gmail.com&forum_name=tmux-users
>
> The tmux developer said of the problem:
>
> This program is using 1047h to switch to alternate screen mode which
> unless you are using a very old terminfo is not in the xterm entry, so
> it's probably a bad idea to rely on it working.

Also, it looks like I'm using ^[7^[[?47h to switch and ^[[?47l^[8 to
switch back.

http://excess.org/urwid/browser/urwid/escape.py#L375

I remember something about having to use that sequence to support
Terminal.app or some other odd terminal.  I could change it but I
would have to test that change it in a bunch of terminals (and I don't
own any Apple hardware to test myself)

I'm certainly willing to take a patch and give it a try, though.  What
are the sequences that tmux is expecting?