[Urwid] An urwid bug with the alternate screen

Kevin Tran hekevintran at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 18:21:24 EDT 2012

I am having problems with using the alternate screen in a tmux session. I am using pudb which uses urwid.

I am running:
python==2.7.1
pudb==2012.1
urwid==1.0.1
pigments==1.5

When I use pudb in a tmux session, the python shell shows at the bottom when it should clear the screen.

Screenshots
Outside of a tmux session:
http://imgur.com/uZHpG

Inside a tmux session:
http://imgur.com/tjirf

In my tmux config I have:
set-window-option -g alternate-screen on

From: http://lists.tiker.net/pipermail/pudb/2012-June/thread.html

Do you have an idea of why this is happening?