[Urwid] Problem with Text and Listbox Widgets

Rupp, Lawrence E lawrence.e.rupp at boeing.com
Thu Apr 12 17:52:48 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am a complete newbie to both Python and Urwid, and I have a question regarding widget behavior.

I am building a status gui composed of Text widgets in a Listbox, traversed by a SimpleListWalker.

The problem I'm having is that when I update one of the Text widgets with 'varname.set_text("example"), the text string "example" appears in the appropriate Text widget, but it also appears to add a carriage return, meaning the entire display below the updated Text widget shifts down one line.  How do I prevent this from happening?  How can I simply overwrite what was in the Text widget in the first place without a new line showing up?

BTW, I am using Urwid1.0.1 and Python 2.4.

Thanks,

Larry