[Urwid] example of maxrow (or height?)

Kurt Yoder kyoder at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:26:55 EST 2011

All,

I am trying to make a text input box containing a long block of text. But this input box must share vertical space with other widgets, so I don't want it to expand to display everything inside the input box. Is there a commonly-accepted way to do this? For example, if the screen shows:

widget1
widget2
biginput1
biginput2

can I tell biginput1 and 2 to both constrain themselves to maximum 5 rows? It seems the documentation refers to "maxrow", but I can't find an example of how to do this.

Is this even the right way to do it, and if so how?

Thanks