[Urwid] No such signal 'update palette entry' for object.

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Wed May 18 21:03:43 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Ian Ward <ian at excess.org> wrote:
> No, I forgot to say that you need to have distribute installed:
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute
>
> It's a replacement for distutils/setuptools that supports python 2 and 3
> at the same time (with that use_2to3 option)

Thanks for the quick response. I tried with distribute, unfortunately,
I could not install that in python3.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/the-fellowship-of-the-packaging/lFQa7cFd8Io/B_bGwK7YTZMJ

Assuming that it is a problem with distribute which get's triggered
during installation only. I tried  build of urwid using python3. the
build was successful.
but running tests.py hangs.

BTW, a couple of doubts.

- I am held up on the distribute bug? ( You remember the version it
worked for you?)
- I see in setup.py that use_2to_3 flag is True when it is PYTHON3.
So, I assume that all you had to do was install distribute on python3
and do a python3 setup.py install for urwid to be available on
python3. right?

Thanks,
Senthil