[Urwid] No such signal 'update palette entry' for object.

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Wed May 18 20:12:49 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 11:55 PM, Ian Ward <ian at excess.org> wrote:
> Senthil Kumaran wrote on 2011-05-17 11:50:
>> I am interested in updating the urwid library to python3k. I pulled the latest
>> NameError: No such signal 'update palette entry' for object <urwid.raw_display.Screen object at 0x7f8d90cb6f10>
>>
> python3 setup.py build
>
> and then run the demos etc from the build directory.  When you say you
> use 2to3, how exactly are you running it?  Also are you using the latest
> default branch from bitbucket?

I thought, I responded to this, looks like the email has not reached.

When I do python3 setup.py build, the first Warning that spits out is:

/usr/local/lib/python3.3/distutils/dist.py:259: UserWarning: Unknown
distribution option: 'use_2to3'

And urwid builds. But the code is still Python2 specific, I still have
to run 2to3 on all the modules before I use python3 to try out any
example.

Is this the case for you too?

Yes, I am using the latest default branch from bitbucket. ( I have
also forked yours and kept updated with 2to3 run on files).

Thank you,
Senthil