[Urwid] No such signal 'update palette entry' for object.

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Tue May 17 11:50:13 EDT 2011

I am interested in updating the urwid library to python3k. I pulled the latest
changes made by wardi in the bitbucket, run trough 2to3 to update the syntax
changes and when I run the tour.py, I get the following error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "tour.py", line 335, in <module>
    setup()
  File "tour.py", line 332, in setup
    main()
  File "tour.py", line 317, in main
    screen = urwid.raw_display.Screen()
  File "/home/senthil/projects/urwid/urwid/raw_display.py", line 53, in __init__
    self._on_update_palette_entry)
  File "/home/senthil/projects/urwid/urwid/signals.py", line 86, in connect
    (name, obj))
NameError: No such signal 'update palette entry' for object <urwid.raw_display.Screen object at 0x7f8d90cb6f10>

I not able to detect the error when running trough the debugger. As in, I could
not find where the 'update palette entry' object is added in the first place
that it's look up is failed when Screen tries to invoke it in the
raw_display.Screen()

Any suggestion as how I should troubleshoot this problem and proceed further?

Thanks in advance.

Senthil