[Urwid] problem with fixed Pile

s.wypler at online.de s.wypler at online.de
Mon May 2 10:42:34 EDT 2011

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------

Hi there,

my intention is to create a table with a fixed table head that keeps its position when the user scrolls trough it.
I achieved it by putting 2 ListBoxes in a Pile. The first ListBox contains the headlines (6 lines to be exact) and I passed it with a fixed height to the Pile. The second list box contains the data where the user can scroll over.
That works pretty well except the console is resized to a height smaller than the fixed height of the table head.
The error is:
"WidgetError: Widget <Pile selectable widget> rendered (78 x 7) canvas when passed size (78, 6)!"

What can I do to save it from crashing?
any ideas to create this layout in a better way?

thanks in advance

Stephan