[Urwid] How to detect that urwid lost focus ?

goffi goffi at goffi.org
Sun Jun 19 16:55:42 EDT 2011

G'day everybody,

is there a way to detect that Urwid lost focus ? I mean when the user
leave the term, not just changing the widget with focus.

For my XMPP client, I'd like to know when the user is not on the term to
show notifications when somebody is writing to him.

My idea is to detect if we are on X, use Xlib to detect the focus
windows, and look for the term name or my app name in the window title,
but it seems a big hacky. Is there a more elegant way to do that ?

thx :)

Goffi