[Urwid] mapping of space key

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Thu Jun 16 10:37:07 EDT 2011

Patrick Totzke wrote on 2011-06-16 03:06:

> Hi all!
> I wonder how I could map the space key in combination with a modifier:
> Currently, I use something like
>
> if key == ' ':
>   key = 'page down'

Take a look at command_map.  It can be used to globally assign space to
'cursor page down' that should have the effect you want.

> so that my UI interprets space as a page down. How do I now map
> shift-space to page up? I tried 'shift ', 'shift  ', and 'shift \ '
> so far..

I don't know of any terminal that sends a different input sequence for
shift+space.  Try input_test.py to see what I mean.  You'll have to
choose a more compatible key combination.