[Urwid] Fwd: custom padding?

Patrick Totzke patricktotzke at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 20 08:42:39 EDT 2011

On Yest.19pm, Ian Ward wrote:
>For endless repeating characters you can use Divider or a SolidFill
>widget (if you need a box widget).

This only works with single chars right?

>I've thought about making the fill customizable for the Padding and
>Filler widgets (kind of like the background in an Overlay).  That might
>simplify some common cases.

Suppose I wanted to implement something like this for my special case.
Would I subclass Padding and overwrite padding_values ?

I think another possible solution for my case would be if once could
tell Columns that if an element has fixed length and doesn't fit onto the screen
then instead of leaving it out display only a prefix. At least for Text widgets
that would make sense..
best,
/p