[Urwid] run long time command in urwid

Naihong Tang naihong at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 03:10:06 EST 2010

Hello,

I plan to write a RAID building program with urwid. In the first window,
input some parameters, after user press the OK button, popup a new window
with progress bar, indicating the finished percentage, and do not accept
user input in this window, this window will close itself after building
procedure finished. Since the RAID building procedure will last long time,
about 10 hours, so it cannot be placed in OnButtonPressed() event. After
reading the urwid document, I think use thread or subclass widget Run() can
do this. I would like to know if there is other simple way to implement.

Thanks!

Naihong