[Urwid] TreeWidget/TreeWalker class

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Wed Mar 24 03:06:07 EDT 2010

Hi Ian,

As you probably remember, a while back, I published this:
http://bitbucket.org/robla/urwid-treetools/

...which resulted in the thread I've quoted below.

Since that time, I've improved the code, and wrote the simple sample app I
alluded to (treesample.py at the url above).      I'm pretty happy how the
sample turned out...it's 156 lines of code, of which about 120 is pretty
obviously just scaffolding.

Let me know if/when you'd like me to prepare it for inclusion into urwid
mainline.  I'm happy to redo the copyright notice however you'd like to see
it (including assigning copyright over to you...I'd just like some level of
authorship credit), and I'm happy to prepare it as a patch to urwid instead
of in its current standalone form, as well as doing whatever extra tweaking
you'd need to feel comfortable taking it upstream.

Rob