[Urwid] Notational Velocity port

Andrew Wagner drewm1980 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 22:22:23 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Ian Ward <ian at excess.org> wrote:
> That might be easier to do from the container NV_Pile.  NV_Pile knows
> (or can calculate) the size of the ListBox, so its keypress method can
> pass the keys you want to the ListBox instead of the widget in focus.

Thanks Ian!  I took your suggestion, and it is working out nicely.
The keypresses are going to the right places.  One detail I'm trying
to iron out is that I want both of the widgets to render as if they
have focus.  On IRC you mentioned rendering "with focus=True, but both
might want to set the cursor location".  I'm not sure what you mean
about cursor location... is this a per-widget cursor, or some global
cursor that is part of the display engine?

My code is up on github:
git at github.com:drewm1980/nv-console.git

After that my next gui task will be to handle get focus change from
the mouse to behave.

Cheers,
Drew