[Urwid] Notational Velocity port

Andrew Wagner drewm1980 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 14:21:03 EST 2010

Hello-

I'm exploring the idea of doing a urwid port of Notational Velocity:

http://notational.net/

If you're not familiar with it, it is a very minimalistic program for
keeping track of small text-based notes.  It is an osx only program
build on top of Cocoa, and there is nothing quite like it on linux.

I'm new to urwid, but I have read the tutorial, tinkered with the
examples a bit, and glanced at a handful of reference pages.

I'd be interested to hear suggestions for how to structure an urwid
version.  It probably be something like a {Pile or ListBox?}
containing a single line Edit, a ListBox, and a multi-line Edit.

Cheers,
Drew