[Urwid] EPICS in urwid

Krempasky Juraj juraj.krempasky at psi.ch
Wed Jul 28 11:12:38 EDT 2010

Hello Ian,

This is my widgetwrap supposed to just display an EPICS channel called
pvName. The EPICS part (pv_value) is working properly, the urwid part in
the valueCB callback does not work. The class is tested in Ipython only.
Any idea why the callback does not update the text?

Kindest personal regards.

Juraj Krempasky

class epicsUw(CaChannel.CaChannel, urwid.WidgetWrap):
    def __init__(self, pvName=None):
        CaChannel.CaChannel.__init__(self)
        self.never_conn=True
        self.inited = False
        if pvName!=None:
            self.search_and_connect(pvName, self.connectCB, pvName)

        self.display_w = urwid.Text(('', " Hello Epics "),
align='center')
        urwid.WidgetWrap.__init__(self, self.display_w)

    # Callback functions

    def controlCB(self,epicsArgs,userArgs):
        for key in epicsArgs.keys():
            setattr(self, key, epicsArgs[key])
        self.inited = True

    def valueCB(self, epicsArgs, userArgs):
        for key in epicsArgs.keys():
            setattr(self, key, epicsArgs[key])
        #self.display_w.set_text(self.pv_value+' '+self.pv_units)
        self.AttrMap(self.pv_value+' '+self.pv_units)

    def connectCB(self, epicsArgs, userArgs):
        state=self.state()
        # setup valueCB only in the first time
        if state==2 and self.never_conn:

self.add_masked_array_event(CaChannel.ca.dbf_type_to_DBR_STS(self.field_
type()), None,
                CaChannel.ca.DBE_VALUE | CaChannel.ca.DBE_ALARM,
                self.valueCB)

self.array_get_callback(CaChannel.ca.dbf_type_to_DBR_CTRL(self.field_typ
e()),
                None, self.controlCB)
            self.never_conn=Fals