[Urwid] color problem on linux tty1

Sitti Amarittapark sitti at pancetera.com
Sun Jul 25 17:56:50 EDT 2010

Hi Ian,

Thanks for point that out. Yes I didn't notice what was on the table.
However, I found that I can get light gray (but not dark gray) when I
specify the screen mode to the kernel boot line in grub.conf. I got a good
result by appending 'vga=785' or 'vga=773' to the line. A little mystery is
that I get the full 16 foreground colors on the console of my development
system (Fedora-9) but not on the deploying system which is a stripped down
version of the same distribution. I got only 8 foreground colors. However,
having the light gray is quite satisfactory.

 Is there anything I should look at to bring the number of foreground colors
to 16?
Thanks a lot.
-Sitti