[Urwid] color problem on linux tty1

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Sat Jul 24 14:23:20 EDT 2010

Hello Sitti,

I believe that Muhammad was pointing out that table at the top of
http://excess.org/urwid/wiki/DisplayAttributes

AFAIK the Linux console only supports 16 foreground and 8 background
colours.  Other terminals have similar limitations.  If you are writing
a program that you want to be compatible with terminals like those you
need to choose some of the colours that work for users without 88/256
colour support.

Ian