[Urwid] Speaking at OSCON this week

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Mon Jul 19 23:13:41 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

I'll be giving a talk at OSCON on Thursday at 1:40pm PDT.

Here's the talk:
http://www.oscon.com/oscon2010/public/schedule/detail/13958

The talk should be very similar to the one I gave at LinuxFest
Northwest back in April.  Since this talk isn't billed as being so
Urwid-centric, I may not direct people into the IRC channel at the
beginning of the talk.  We'll see.

I did a lot of work on the Urwid demo over the weekend, based
primarily on the reaction I got at LinuxFest Northwest (putting the
widget spacing and color work at the end rather than the beginning). I
also made a couple simplifications that Ian suggested.  I also put
together a walkthrough page that will help those that want to follow
along on their laptops or remember what we discussed:
http://bitbucket.org/robla/urwid-demo/wiki/Home

I've got a little more work to do on that page above, but that should
be mostly complete.  At some point, when I get the chance, I may just
turn it into a screencast like Ian had suggested.  Now that I've done
the coding work, it shouldn't be too hard to do that.  I may also just
insert a few screenshots into the page above, since I think this
particular exercise lends itself well to that.

Rob
(p.s. sorry for the resend if you get this twice.  I accidentally sent
from my work account which isn't subscribed here)