[Urwid] TreeWidget/TreeWalker class

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Sun Feb 14 08:32:54 EST 2010

Rob Lanphier wrote:
> I spent the past week hammering away at TreeWidget/TreeWalker, and I
> have something now that I'm pretty confident is a general purpose
> widget.  In addition to rewriting my own app to use it, I rewrote
> urwid's browse.py sample app to take advantage of it, which other than a
> couple minor cosmetic changes, performs identically to the version that
> ships with urwid.  Code is here:
> http://bitbucket.org/robla/urwid-treetools/

I see this is based on 0.9.8, would you update the code for 0.9.9
(_get_w and _set_w instead of get_w and set_w, using MainLoop)  Also it
would be nice to see how this modified code is used by another app to
see the reasoning behind your changes.

It's quite a bit of extra code to include with the browse.py example,
but it should be possible to incorporate some of the changes back.  Or
with the changes above I could include your code in the urwid-contrib repo.