[Urwid] TreeWidget/TreeWalker class

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Sat Feb 13 14:14:40 EST 2010

I spent the past week hammering away at TreeWidget/TreeWalker, and I have
something now that I'm pretty confident is a general purpose widget.  In
addition to rewriting my own app to use it, I rewrote urwid's browse.py
sample app to take advantage of it, which other than a couple minor cosmetic
changes, performs identically to the version that ships with urwid.  Code is
here:
http://bitbucket.org/robla/urwid-treetools/

I didn't entirely eliminate the globals in browse.py, but they're no longer
central to the operation of the widget, and it wouldn't be that much more
work to get rid of them entirely.

Lemme know what you think.

Rob