[Urwid] Advice on overhaul vs tweak

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Mon Feb 8 19:10:58 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Ian Ward <ian at excess.org> wrote:

> So yes, I think you should either create a ListWalker suited to your
> data, or create a flat list of widgets (with SimpleListWalker) and sync
> it with your structure on changes.

Great, thanks for the helpful explanation!  It's pretty obvious what I'm
doing now isn't working, so I'm in for an overhaul one way or another.
 Fortunately, the overhaul is limited to one file out of the project

I'm going to have a run at extending the TreeWalker/TreeWidget code, since I
think it eliminates enough accounting of dealing with expanded/collapsed
nodes and adding/deleting nodes to be valuable.  Moreover, the process of
abstracting that code was a great learning exercise for me, and as a result,
I'm pretty comfortable navigating that chunk of code now.

Rob