[Urwid] ANN: PuDB - the Python Urwid Debugger

Andreas Klöckner lists at informa.tiker.net
Tue Jun 9 01:34:58 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce the first public release of PuDB, the Python Urwid
Debugger. You can get it from its PyPI page, here:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pudb

I'll announce this on python-dev in a few days--first I'd like to seek the
feedback of a smaller group of people. :) If anything breaks, feel free to
complain.

While I'm at it, two questions for Ian:

- I'd love to be able to replace the hardcoded sys.stdout in raw_display.
Would you take a patch? (This would allow me to implement an option to hijack
sys.stdout. This would get rid of the annoying flicker on every program
execution step.)

- What's the perspective for the next release? PuDB's interface looks even
nicer when it can use underline and bold. :)

Andreas