[Urwid] Announcing XYZCommander 0.0.beta

Iñigo Serna inigoserna at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 05:34:52 EDT 2009

Hi Max, all

2009/8/5 Max E. Kuznecov <syhpoon at syhpoon.name>

> Hello,
> Finally I've managed to release the first beta-version of my project
> on which I was working for almost two years.
> XYZCommander is a console visual shell, a.k.a. file manager and it
> uses urwid for rendering.

I'm also developing a python curses-based file manager, lfm [1], I'm using a
pure ncurses approach though.
I somehow ported some of the code to urwid a couple of years ago, but as
speed was not good enough and didn't want to add an external dependency I
continued with the traditional ncurses approach.
Btw, building the UI with urwid was much more easier than using curses...

Anyway, I attach here those experiments in case you can find something
useful for xyzcmd. I see you release xyzcmd as LGPL, so although my code
stated GPL you can consider LGPL if you want to take something.

Kind regards,
Iñigo Serna

[1] http://code.google.com/p/lfm/