[Urwid] Announcing XYZCommander 0.0.beta

Max E. Kuznecov syhpoon at syhpoon.name
Wed Aug 5 10:35:59 EDT 2009

Hello,
Finally I've managed to release the first beta-version of my project
on which I was working for almost two years.
XYZCommander is a console visual shell, a.k.a. file manager and it
uses urwid for rendering.

Main features:

    * Tight integration with python run-time system -- most of the
settings can be changed "on the fly" via management console.
    * Powerful configuration system -- define own actions, aliases,
internal commands, key bindings.
    * Extensible plug-in system -- even core functionality implemented
mainly using plug-ins, keeping base system small and clean.
    * Customizable look-n-feel -- every widget component look can be
changed via skins.

The project is currently in early beta state, it still lacks a lot of
features, like VFS support, readline auto-completion,
internationalization and so on. But all those features are planned for
the next releases.

Project homepage - http://xyzcmd.syhpoon.name/
Google code page - http://code.google.com/p/xyzcmd/

--