[Urwid] Renaming Urwid and splitting up the repo

Rebecca Breu rebecca at rbreu.de
Mon Sep 15 04:54:17 EDT 2008

"Daniel Holth" <dholth at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> that is what a guinea pig is called in Peru.
>
> On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 05:44:26 +1000, "James Mills"
> <prologic at shortcircuit.net.au> said:
> > How about "cui" ?
> > Pronounced: "Cooey".

Which would make for a nice logo and title graphics for an O'Reilly book. :-)

I like conui better than consoleui, but I don't see what's so bad about
urwid. But then, I am German as well, and yes, urwid *does* sound better
in German. (Btw, "Ur" , pronounced "oor", is a german prefix meaning
"ancestral", "primal", so urwid is ancestral widget in German. Which is
fitting since in the beginning there was the console. :-)

What about curwid, which could be pronounced like "curved"?

Rebecca