[Urwid] urwid and twisted

Christian Scharkus mail.sensenmann at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 27 04:58:57 EST 2008

Hi everybody.

I'm currently writing a small chatclient based upon twisted in a mvc pattern
and decided (because of the python-curses module not supporting clean utf-8
output) to write the userinterface with urwid. I've found a little example
for a irc-client in urwid using the same method to join with twisted I used
with curses (register with the reactor using the addReader-method) and began
to implement input at first. In my humble opinion the code should work but
it isn't. I discovered the twisted main loop in urwid too but have no idea
how to make use of it.

Here the code and the exception
http://codepad.org/0Hlvmp1b

Thanks for your help