[Urwid] Resizing windows in urwid: how small is too small?

James Reeves jreeves at monkeyengines.co.uk
Sat Jun 2 21:25:01 EDT 2007

Hi,

I meant to reply to this a lot sooner, but spare time these past two
weeks has been few and far between.

Ian Ward wrote:

> Hmm, that way there are three special variables and an ordering that
> users would have to remember.  The way I suggested there is only one
> or two variables that would be required:  size_hint is one of 'fixed'
> 'flow' or 'weight' and size_hint_weight is set only in the latter case.

Perhaps, then:

my_widget.size_hint = ('weight', 5)

As that's closest to the original syntax, and only requires one
attribute to be set.

I've also run some quick experimentations with Psyco (are you familiar
with the project?). Running the benchmarks with psyco.full() added to
__init__.py results in an average speed increase of 30% for bench_1.py,
bench_3.py and bench_4.py. Unfortunately bench_2.py exits with an
exception, possibly caused by some conflict between ncurses and Psyco's
mojo.

A targeted approach might yield better results.

--
James Reeves