[Urwid] beginner help

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Wed Jul 25 16:27:45 EDT 2007

Pedro Jorge Caridade wrote:
> I going through Rebecca's example rbreu_filechooser.py to learn dynamic
> ListBox. By trial-and-error I manage to understand the example (also
> very well documented) but I have one question that I cannot solve in
> trying to implement in my application. If I have two columns like
> Rebecca's example and I want that only one of them have the focus? I'm
> using a SimpleListWalker and a ListBox to construct the two columns.

You could use a two ListBoxes in a Columns if you want two separate
scrolling areas.

If you want the lists to scroll together but be independently selectable
you can make each "side" of the ListBox rows a selectable widget and
move the AttrWrap that highlights the selected item into the Columns.

I hope that makes sense, I've spent too much time working on other
projects recently.