[Urwid] Urwid benchmarking tool and results

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Tue Jan 2 12:08:00 EST 2007

Victor Stinner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le Lundi 1 Janvier 2007 23:55, Ian Ward a écrit :
>> bench_record.py lets you run the tour example program and outputs the
>> input you entered on exit. That input can be used to make a script like
>> bench_1.py
>
> Don't compute average time, but minimum time. It's better to compare Python
> code because of multi-users multi-tasks multi-... OS, average time doesn't
> mean anything.

Makes sense.  I've committed the change to bench_1.py.

> Ian: you should release a version 0.9.7.2 or 0.9.8.

I don't really like my "solution" though -- It only works if you don't
use any interesting Unicode characters.

However, 0.9.8 is going to have some pretty major changes, and I suppose
it would be good to make a minor release that is a lot faster for most
users.