[Urwid] navigation speed

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem at gmx.de
Fri Oct 27 03:16:50 EDT 2006

Hi,

it's me again :-)

As I mentioned before, I would like to clone lfm to urwid
(at least I try) mainly because of its poor 'speed' on large
directories. Rebecca's 'filechooser' seems a lot faster
handling a lot of files... but testing more and more those
existing urwid examples, I get the feeling that the time I
gain in handling a lot of files I would lose in the
navigation. What I mean is, that going from one line to
another in a listbox takes some time, the navigation in
menus or in radiobutton groups seem pretty slow.

Is it just my feeling or could that be a drawback of urwid?

Greetings!
 Fabian