[Urwid] placing buttons and widgets

Rebecca Breu rebecca at rbreu.de
Thu Oct 5 03:40:39 EDT 2006

Zitat von Ian Ward <ian at excess.org>:

> boxwidget = a ListBox or something
> buttons = a Pile, Columns or GridFlow widget containing buttons
> box_and_buttons = Pile([boxwidget, ('flow', buttons)])
>
> then box_and_buttons should be treated as a box widget and it will
> display buttons at the bottom, leaving the rest of the space for boxwidget.

Hey, that answers a question that I posted two weeks ago! Somehow I was
confused about the usage of the 'flow' attribute, but now it works! :)

When I wrote the filechooser, the Pile widget could only contain flow widgets,
that's why the ListBox widgets have a fixed height. I had the same problem in
other cases, too, so the new flexible behaviour of the Pile widget is really
a great thing to have.

Now that I know how I think I will update the filechooser example.

Yours,
Rebecca