[Urwid] ANN: Urwid 0.9.1 - Console UI Library
ian at excess.org
Wed Mar 8 15:00:47 EST 2006
Announcing Urwid 0.9.1
Urwid home page:
About this release:
This release includes high resolution UTF-8 support for the BarGraph and
ProgressBar widgets, improved support for threading with raw_display and
a couple bug fixes.
New in this release:
- BarGraph and ProgressBar can now display data more accurately by using
the UTF-8 vertical and horizontal eighth characters. This behavior
will be enabled when the UTF-8 encoding is detected and "smoothed"
attributes are passed to the BarGraph or ProgressBar constructors.
- New get_encoding_mode() function to determine how Urwid will treat
raw string data.
- New raw_display.signal_init() and raw_display.signal_restore() methods
that may be overridden by threaded applications that need to call
signal.signal(..) from their main thread.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the use of UTF-8 strings in text markup.
- Removed some forgotten asserts that broke 8-bit and CJK input.
Urwid is a console UI library for Python. It features fluid interface
resizing, UTF-8 support, multiple text layouts, simple attribute markup,
powerful scrolling list boxes and flexible interface design.
Urwid is released under the GNU LGPL.
More information about the Urwid