[Urwid] Development Update

Rebecca Breu rebecca at rbreu.de
Wed Dec 6 10:03:24 EST 2006

Zitat von Ian Ward <ian at excess.org>:

> It seems this is a busy time of year.  I have finally finished some web
> development that pulled my attention away from Urwid for the past few
> weeks and I'm now looking forward to working on the next release.

Every one is busy at the end of the year, aren't they? :)

That reminds me: I tried to rewrite some of the code you suggested in C.
That seems to work as long as I import the c-module into python. Becoming
jaunty, I wanted to write a fancy c-api for my c-module, as they suggest
it in the tutorial on python.org. But if I try to call a function via the c-api
I get a segmentation fault. :(

At the moment I don't have much time to look any closer at the bug. I only
know that calling my function is the reason, the code inside my function
is never reached. If anyone wants to have a look, here is a very simple example
that produces the same segmentation fault:

test.h:  http://paste.pocoo.org/show/219/
test.c:  http://paste.pocoo.org/show/218/

> If anyone's interested in an Urwid IRC channel I could set one up too.
>
> Ian

I like IRC. But I guess the time when I'm home from work, you guys from the
American continent are already asleep...

Yours,
Rebecca