[Urwid] I need people to test my code on POSIX and UNIX

Derek Peschel dpeschel at eskimo.com
Tue Aug 22 21:00:38 EDT 2006

Recently I posted a quick hack that uses the "termios" module to change
the TTY driver keys, so urwid-using programs can read ^C and ^Z.  Ian
suggested making the hack into a function, and I've mostly done that.
So now's a good time to have people rip apart my code.

More importantly, I need to see how different OSs (or versions) work.
The keys the TTY driver knows about, the changes curses makes for a
program when it starts, and the changes the program might want to make
for itself might all vary from machine to machine.  The termios module
doesn't export certain constants from the C header files, and until
termios is updated I am finding the constants myself.  They definitely do
vary from machine to machine.

So who can run the termios module?  Who wants to go looking in their
system header files?  Let me know what OS and version you have.  If a few
people get back to me I'll start sending code and asking for results,
maybe off-list.

BTW I need to test my code with urwid.raw_display, but I'm starting with
curses_display.

Thanks,

-- Derek